Freshwater Pufferfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POLARBEAR0871

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have two FWP one green spotted and the other is a figure eight. They both have this weird stuff on them. It looks like ick but its not its really noticeable and it's white what should i do I've never seen this before

Neither of those are freshwater. I'd suggest researching each one more and then getting them what they need or rehoming them, otherwise their health will likely get worse and worse.

This is the best I could get

Attachments

• image-4120563548.jpg
    image-4120563548.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 118
Kind of looks like body slime. Bacterial. All natural treatment is Voogle. Add a little aquarium salt to the H2O

Actually yes and no. Several of my fish and puffers have had it and only acted Lethargic. My Cory catfish had it and recovered. The hid were alittle antisocial , just have to make sure they eat

Did does need to be treated tho . I always try to go natural. But if it doesn't work you'll have to get antibiotics

Yeah I'll have my grandma take me to the store to get some aquarium salt I wonder if that'll help get rid of the bacterial bloom in the tank too oh and also how do I make it more of a salt tank since both my puffers are adults and how do I know if its the right salinity

Sounds great!

Salt helps remedy many diseases even in freshwater environments

I didnt want to sound like a jerk before but brackish water is essential for the well being of your fish

You didn't sound like a jerk but I do appreciate the advice you guys very helpful since I'm 16 lol

Correct Salinity (salt) is measured with Hydrometer - 1.010 +/- is ok for FW puffers and I was incorrect , you need Marine Salt

Back
Top Bottom