Freshwater Stingray

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OceanMist

Aquarium Advice Freak
recently got my 85 gallon tank, what is the smallest freshwater stingray and would 85 gallons be enough? the tank is 3ft x 2.5ft & 18", (L,W,H).

Tortius answered this question a long time ago..

I think he recomended a 90gallon wide (breeder) as a minimum, and I think that is a rare tank.. apparently it isnt that rare in Canada..

the tank you have is a VERY odd one to me.. and it has the with needed (the minimum was 2 foot.. from the recomendation I remember) but I have no clue if its going to be long or tall enough..

HTH

I do know that the water conditions need to be pristine or you are going to have one really expensive dead fish.

Thanks for the replies, I realise this too - I have one canister filter at the moment but if I find I can add a ray I would buy a 1000 gal/h pond filter + pump.

I've had my tank custom built because 3ft is my limit in length so I needed the 2.5ft width, it's 36"x30"x18", from what I read the height of a ray tank is not important and the minimum width is 2ft so that should be okay but i'm not too sure about the length.

Back
Top Bottom