Freshwater stinray

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Freshwater fish guy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm want one but I don't know how to take care of them. Can a Motoro stingray be with fish ,what do they eat and how big they grow and what size tank

Please reply thank you

I know you need a short WIDE tank, because they swim on the bottom. I think you have to have like atleast a 12 foot wide tank circular. Someone on here did a build on one. I hear they are REALLY hard, any little thing and they die on you. And its a pet that could sting you? are you sure your want one?

Motoros are venomous but shy so don't spoke them and you won't get stung. They eat shrimp and small fish like tetras so geophagus and angel fish would be good tank mates.

Ok thanks what about teacup stingrays . If you know any one or any website that's willing to sell a teacup or Motoro for 80-100$ tell me thanks

I've noticed that some rays are debared and can't sting you. I'm sure that this hurts the fish but if your afraid of handling it, that is an option. Otherwise just make sure you have a good hold of the tail when you move it but don't grab the barb.

Back
Top Bottom