Freshwater Stringray Care

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Teacups are also the most sensitive and very hard to get feeding

Teacups are the cheapest at about $60 for £50 but they are all wild caught and very hard to get feeding

Teacups are where most new comes to rays go wrong they buy them at a very small size 3-4" disk which is only a few weeks old and they die so they think rays are hard to keep

The best starter ray is a motoro they are very hardly and you can get captive bred for about £90-$100 but the problem is the get the biggest

A small motoro in a 6x2x2 tank will out grow that tank in under 1 year

As for food a captive bred will eat frozen prawn or even pellets

Does anyone know what water params the black diamond rays need?

I have 2 black diamonds and I would advice you to start with them as they cost over $2000 a pair

Rays can live in a wide range ph from 6-8

They can also tolerate high nitrate of 200ppm

They can't handle ammonia or nitrie

They can't handle and meds with cooper in so its a good idea to use a uvs

Long term a motoro needs a 8x4

Marble motoro are nice and stay a bit smaller males also stay smaller of any type of rays

Min tank size for a few years would be 8x3

Hit my brother with a fowl because he told me they were just fish and I didn't need to spend that much time caring for them:/

Good luck with the research of your stingray! Glad to see you researching and not just going to the lfs and buying a stingray and sticking it into a 20 gallon aquarium like some people would do.

Lol I hope..... You'd think football players would have enough sense knocked into them but apparently not!

Back
Top Bottom