Frozen cube food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JTAM963

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just bought a pack of frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp. What is best way to defrost? Put into a bowl of warm water, then use toothpick to add to tank? My tank has all juvenile cichlids..manguense.convict..firemouth and bolivian rams..will they like this stuff??

they will LOVE IT!! I feed mine straight out of my fingers. I just swish it around in the tank until it starts to fall apart. All of my fish will come up and eat out of my hand. Its my fish bonding time ;)

Others will defrost it in a bowl of tank water and either dump it in, or use a turkey baster to feed it.

i just dump the frozen cube in - it floats at first and disintegrartes all over the place for all fish to get. a favourite, by far :D

I leave the cubes on top of the hood of one of my tanks. The heat from that slowly defrosts them to a reasonable state in about 20 minutes :D

Due to the amount of waste that gets into the water column when feeding those cube type foods, I put my frozen cubes in a brine shrimp net and run it under warm water until all the waste is flushed from it.

rkilling1s' way is by far the safest. I do the same thing.

I just fed them to my small tropical tank of tetras and they didn't dig it but my manguense was coming up full throttle to the top to eat it....he never likes to come out of mhis cave for food, but was coming right to the ,top to eat the bloodworms..I just put mine in a bowl of warm water then fed them with a toothpick..

Back
Top Bottom