frozen foods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

malonbl

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am trying to vary my food offerings. I have cory habrosus and neons. Planning to add jellybean tetras and mosquito rasboras.

I currently feed hikari micropellets and hikari sinking wafers for the cory cats. I am looking into frozen.

LFS has San Francisco Bay brand frozen foods. I was looking at the "multipack" that offers 4 different varieties of frozen food. It is mostly bloodworms, brine shrimp, daphnia, etc. Is this a good brand and a good product or should I start with just a single type of frozen food.

Also, I have read to allow to thaw at room temp prior to offering it. Is this true?

I use all those hikari brand frozen foods. Fish love em, I just slice a chunk off with a razor blade and plunk it in the tank frozen.. It thaws and they attack it..except my apisto, he mouths a whole frozen cube and waits til it melts. He's a fatty fat fat fattt..

There are so many great options for your fish. I would suggest getting a few different packages of single ingredient foods, like mysis shrimp, cyclopeeze, plankton etc. If you plan on feeding brine, look at Hikari spirulina brine shrimp they are gut loaded with spirulina and pretty nutritious.

Back
Top Bottom