Fry identity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earhtmother

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 125g with Kribs, Mollies, Platies & 2 Butterfly Split Tails (sold to me as females in a job lot) I rescue the fry I can before they are sushi, grow them in a 20g til they start trying to eat their tank mates, then return them to the 125. I have a basic ID knowledge but these guys have me stumped - wrong body shape (I think) for Mollies or Platies & were aggressive MUCH earlier than any of my other fry. The only fry I have ever purchased were *supposedly* guppies & platies.

**** things are fast too20171217_161628.jpg20171217_161539.jpg

They may have been pregnant when you got them?..
I think gestation for Goodeids can be up to 2 months or so ?
They have large fry in low numbers when they birth.Usually single digits I think..
I know for a fact that swordtails can hold milt from a male for 7 sets of fry or upto a year in some cases...They don't have to be with a male long for babies much later...

Gotta love it when your females turn male[emoji849]
I'm hoping some of my female rainbows turn to males as when I got them. They were to small to sex so now that they are growing I see females I think, still really small but starting to get color, grats on the babies

Now I just need to figure out how to sex them & if males what to do with them when larger as apparently they are VERY aggressive

Back
Top Bottom