Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-21-2014, 01:56 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Fry in unfiltered tank..

Hi so my 10g that I used for my fry raising started leeking maybe a week or two ago.. Anywase since I have dug up a 1g.. I put in a bubbly rock and added water from my tank (0-0-5) and a plant.. I places it on my 40g (it's hot on the top because of my lighting system) I'm thinking of doing 50% water change everyday (maybe twice a day) from water from my cycled tank until Monday when we will re-seal my 10g and then until it's dry and cycled (shouldn't be long I keep tall my old filter stuff) water is a 26c, (like all my tanks usually) and they seem to be doing well.. They have been in there for about 15hours.. Would this be an okay temporary set up ? They're all goners if I put them in my main tank for sure and my 40g is treating for ich...
Thanks for your imput/solutions!!

Old 02-21-2014, 03:28 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Nobody ? They seem to be doing fine.. But I'm still not convinced.. I tried to out my aquaclear mini.. But it was way too strong a current..

Old 02-21-2014, 03:50 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

They should be fine.

I'm raising fry in a bucket right now because they are too small for their growout tank still. They'll do fine with an airstone and daily water changes. Twice daily wouldn't be a bad idea since a 1 gal is so small.
severum mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 03:56 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

As long as you don't use water from your 40g that's being treated to do the water changes then you should be fine. I would just add an airstone to the tank for circulation myself. That's one of the primary reasons I keep a few extra air pumps handy.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:00 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Fry in unfiltered tank..

Haha! Sorry, I call air stones bubble rocks.. I tend to have my own dialect that only I understand! And I think I will do them 2x a day.. It takes a whole 1min30 lol! Thank you very much

Tags
filter, fry, red, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com