Fully stocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

niks93gt

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 10 gallon with 6 L/f Gold Danios and 4 Panda Cories. It has 2 Top Fin 10 HOB filters, 2 Java ferns and a red wentii crypt. I was wondering if I could bump the number up to 8 Danios before my lfs sells out of them.

Nik

the inch rule is to make people slow down. like when people post highway speeds of 65. people go 80, but if the speed limit was 80 the people would go 100 type thing

I think it would be fine. Personally I don't like keeping danios in a 10g just because they are very active fish and IMO deserve a longer tank....but it can work. And adding 2 more won't hurt anything.

Panda cories can get 2 inches, usually its the females since they are bigger. I have some 2 inch ones in my 29g. They won't get any larger than that and really danios or cories don't add a whole lot to the bioload.

Keep up on water changes and maybe add more plants in the future and you should be fine.

Thanks guys. I just added the cories yesterday so I'll probably grab some more danios later in the week. I would like more room for the danios... they went crazy when I added the cories... I'm pretty sure they were convinced that these were just more friends to play with and school. The cories quickly retreated under a piece of driftwood and have since slowly started to come out and graze.

Nik

Back
Top Bottom