fluval Spec III lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alexp08

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Im going to do a low tech planted fluval spec III. I dont believe the stock light is capable of supporting much life so i have 3 options

Fluval Mini Power Compact Lamp 13w
Fluval A3935 PCL13 Mini Power Compact Lamp | ATG Stores

Finnex StingRAY LED Clip Light
Amazon.com : Finnex StingRAY LED Clip Light for Aquarium : Pet Supplies

Mr. Aqua Ultrathin Aquarium LED Clip Light
Amazon.com : Mr. Aqua Ultrathin Aquarium LED Clip Light : Nano Aquarium : Pet Supplies

or
Hagen Fluval Nano Aqua Life and Plant Performance LED Lamp
Amazon.com : Hagen Fluval Nano Aqua Life and Plant Performance LED Lamp : Aquarium Lights : Pet Supplies

I want some nice plants, maybe something red, i would love to do a carpet but i dont want to trim so idk if thats a option. It will be dosed with seachem comprehensive.

Or what are some plants that will thrive under stock lighting?

I have the same set up and I'm not having much success with the stock lighting either. Even the Java Fern I have currently is starting to show signs that it's struggling... Though it's lasting longer than other plants have.

I'm also planning on an upgrade at some point; it's just not a priority right now.
I think I saw that Finnex had a small LED designed for plants.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes, finnex does have a small led its called the mighty ray. However i could not find any good info on it on how it will do in relation to this tank.

Yea, it was a horrible light. very dim, no reflector so you lose alot of the light and i do believe it was spray painted..

Back
Top Bottom