Fun Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Brooksters next tank.
img_3250007_0_19790aa0c4ae25414dc6704f81a20dce.jpg

I had a Parrot for about a week. My wife bought while I was at work. I couldn't stop seeing a mutant goldfish. He went back for store credit and turned into a red spot Severum.

I have 6 congo tetras (resemble my family) but died cuz of terrible accident.

I suggest a bit that congo tetra is beautiful too. They are jewel of tetras because of its flowing fins and silver & orange glow. Although they need to 5-8 in group, they might nip fins.

Gilbert

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How about a single Jack Dempesy or a single Green Terror.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Jack Dempsy are carnivore and need 60 gallon tank or more

I like the idea of cardinals with silver dollars. That would look sharp. What about neons, tiger barbs or pacus ? I'm not talking all of the above. I'm wondering which combinations might work.
Will these be happy in turbulent water ?
Thanks everyone.

My 9 pacus and 7 silver dollars..

Attachments

• 1437045952572.jpg
    1437045952572.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 111
One member suggested silver dollars with cardinal tetras. I like that idea.
In my 50 gallon, how many silver dollars ? Could I add some pacus too ? How many ?

One member suggested silver dollars with cardinal tetras. I like that idea.
In my 50 gallon, how many silver dollars ? Could I add some pacus too ? How many ?

I wouldnt recommend pacu as they need a VERY BIG tank over 300 gallon tank to be happy, you can keep them when they are still small in your tank but soon you will need bigger tank or pond, pacu can get 50 cm

For silver dollars

Yes you could keep them with cardinal tetras.... until silver dollars are adult, its snackies, hiding place would be good but one day it might get eaten.

Gilbert

I have 6 congo tetras (resemble my family) but died cuz of terrible accident.

I suggest a bit that congo tetra is beautiful too. They are jewel of tetras because of its flowing fins and silver & orange glow. Although they need to 5-8 in group, they might nip fins.

Gilbert

I like the Congo tetra idea! I have had 8 in a 55 gallon. I don't usually recommend them in there with other fish be a use they get 4-5 inches and are flashy fast swimmers. They take over the whole tank. But if they are the only fish, I bet the kids would really like them.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Currently my pacus in 52 gallon tank, but once it outgrow putting it in my pond.

Gilbert

just started in the hobby. I live in a rural area and both petsmart and the one independent store had glofish so likely you will find them. I understand they are developed from 3 different kinds of stock. One from a black tetra, one from a zebra diano and one from swordtales. the ones from the tetra are very active and the blue variety very attractive even when not under black light

I'm actaully intrested when i see your aquarium, can you upload a picture @Sonata ?

Gilbert

Back
Top Bottom