Fungus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

enksr71

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have fungus growing on my drift wood how can I get rid of itIMG_0214.JPG

To begin with, you can wash anything that has the growth on it with near boiling water to kill it, then clean any residue off. Then, I'd do a large water change, followed by treatment with a fungicide.
However, you may want to wait for a better answer from someone more knowledgeable than I. It may not be a fungus, but some other type of growth.

From recent experience it is normal for new pieces and goes away by itself. My shrimp ate it.
It goes away quicker if you remove and scrub the DW at weekly water change.

'Fungus' I don't believe would be the proper term.? Especially if someone thinks a 'fungicide' will be an option?
Fish meds for wood? The tank is not infected.
Looks like BBA which is very common on wood in many 'planted' tanks...
I would shoot it with H2O2 at a rate of 1 ML per gallon of water and LEAVE the filter running.
If it is just the bio slime crap/sugars then it will just go away however long it takes...

Hi. Yes I currently have this on a tank that I set up about 6 weeks ago. From experience its a self remedying problem. All my fish are happy and healthy. Sometimes I give it a gentle scrub with a tooth brush before a water change.

Back
Top Bottom