Funny aquarium experiances

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Crazy Aquarium Stories

Ok yesturday was when the craziness happend I went and opened my carnivore tank to remove my cobia to put him In my qt tank cause he still had a little ich left on him so I put the nets in there and the challenge began. Chasing him around the tank for about 10 mins I got him cornered and I thought I had when all of a sudden my snowflake eel comes out of nowhere and grabs my cobia by the FACE and drags him under the rocks and at this point I'm flippin out so quickly I start moving to least amount of rocks I have to ta get to him. I'm fighting with my eel to get him away from him finally and transfer him to the qt as quickly as possible and when he's in he goes straight to the bottom, he's not moving at all so I'm panicking worried if he's gunna die or not. A couple hours later I went and checked on him and he started moving a little. So I left him alone to let nature take it's course if he was gunna die there was nothin I could do, with taking a hit like that. I woke up this morning to go check on him, expecting the worst I walk in and he's swimming around like nothing happend I was so glad to see that he's a **** of a trooper to take a hit like that and survive from it he should get a purple heart in the aquaium world lol and just about an hour ago I went and fed my fish and he ate I'm so amazed and that I didn't lose him he's my sons favorite fish. Heres my crazy story what's yours?

one story my uncle told me was when he worked in the pet shop as a teen. His favorite fish there was the electric eel in the display tank. Always gave him a little extra goldfish, until one day he fed him the whole goldfish stock! :0 So every time someone touched the tank they got a shock ;). Can't say I wouldn't have done the same thing ;)

-Dylan

Keeping loaches in general is funny. I can't count the number of times I've peeked into my tank to fond my kuhli loaches hanging from my plants like wet noodles.

I have a couple of Tiger Barbs and one day, I looked into the tank and one was floating upside down not moving. So I think, he's dead! I waited a couple of minutes and then touched him with the fish net. I swear to god he jumped about 6 inches above the surface and back into the tank. He's living happily today. :)

Lmao. I never did like barbs that much. I dont know why.

-Dylan

Lmao. I never did like barbs that much. I dont know why.

-Dylan

I ended up selling these a while ago. Tiger Barbs felt very, very restrictive. As someone who still wanted to explore the hobby I didn't feel these let me do that. So I can understand your point of view completely... :)

My puffer spits water at me right before feeding time. He is getting good he can shoot water a good foot away from the tank. One day I actually had to change my shirt. He is such a pig. But still kind of funny

Homedog98 said:
So cute I had to do this...

Aw. I love the pic and the quote. Ottos are really cool, but I'm more of a cory gal myself.

My funny story happened today.

I was doing a top off, because my water was a bit below my rim, and was annoying me. My danios are used to being fed when they see the top open. So I open the top and they come swarming around, staring at me with their little beady but so cute eyes. Then I start pouring the water in am they swim away as fast as they can. Then a few seconds they're back, and this time swimming into the flow deliberately to get a ride down to the mid level of the aquarium. They looked like they were having a blast!!

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

once,my blue crayfish excavated under a bridge ornament so much it collapsed and she was stuck under it for a week before i realized she wasnt just hiding(the ends of the bridge are hollow). i also have a silver rosy red minnow(pretty sure its a fathead minnow)that will attack my hand whenever i put it in.

Bettababe1011 said:
Aw. I love the pic and the quote. Ottos are really cool, but I'm more of a cory gal myself.

My funny story happened today.

I was doing a top off, because my water was a bit below my rim, and was annoying me. My danios are used to being fed when they see the top open. So I open the top and they come swarming around, staring at me with their little beady but so cute eyes. Then I start pouring the water in am they swim away as fast as they can. Then a few seconds they're back, and this time swimming into the flow deliberately to get a ride down to the mid level of the aquarium. They looked like they were having a blast!!

My tetras and guppies do that too :) my corys don't even seem to notice when I change water :)

Yeah. The cories were just being lazy at the bottom. And then hyper. And then lazy. I think they have multiple personality disorder.

Back
Top Bottom