funny family fish story

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tropicfishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
well its more ironic than anything but here goes. I was looking through my local sunday newspaper and saw under a " misc. " add that some had a 120 gallon tank, with stand, ehiem 2217 canister filter and tons of accesories for 350 bucks!!! so I gave it a thought, called the guy, waited a couple days and called him agian about coming to see it, he said he had another fella looking at it the same day, but if he didn't take it was mine, so I left and go tthere a few minutes sooner than I was suppose to to scope out the competition lol . approaching the house I see a familiar truck...its my brother lol being where he works alot we haven't got to talk abou tthe fish tank we both saw for sale, turns out we both were going to buy it and surprise each other once we got it home ( he has his own house ) so instead of bank rupting my account, I chose to let him have it and have been helping it set it all up and get it cycled, its became our pet prodject ( no pun intended lol ) this tank is SHARP, no scratches or cracks, it was used to house a bunch of red eared sliders but I never realized just how much a 120 gallont nak form the early 80's weighs, I can't imagine how much a 265 or osmething like that weighs empty lol

Nice!!! Funny story too. I can just see the look on both your faces...

Too funny ! Its a good thing you showed up early - imagine if you hadn't and the two of you got into a bidding war over it ? LOL

"Let's see who this jerk is going to buy my tank..."

That's too funny. It would've been funnier if a fight broke out over the tank.

lol it was funny, at first I was mad as can be, but I just started luaghing eventully lol I do think I pulled a muscle lifting on sucha heavy bulky tank

Back
Top Bottom