Future Oscar Tank Overstocked or Not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nugget6476

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone:),

Im hoping to get a new tank with the dimensions of 150cm x 50cm x 66cm.
Its labelled as 405 lires, but going by those dimensions its more around 500 litres, but I guess a bit less as it wont be full right to the top obviosly. It has 4 x 39w T5 Bulbs, 2 x 100w heaters and 2 x Advance 1250 Cannister Filters

I have been doing heaps of reaseach, and Im imagining that this would look really good, but im curious to know peoples opinions on whether this would be overstocked or not and whether it would be a good mix of fish. Im guessing a lot of people will say take out one oscar.

2 Oscars (one albino one normal colour)
2 Firemouths
1 Gold Severum
5 or 6 Silver dollars

(All fish will be added as small juveniles at once)

Is it ok to keep 2 each like that? or should it be singles? I would love to have a "normal" coloured Oscar an a white one with the other fish I listed. But if I cant I would be still happy with the one normal oscar with the other fish.

And as a side question, what is the difference betweeen, Albino Oscar, Albino Red Oscar, Albino Red Tiger Oscar, and the same for the "normal" kind, Tiger Oscar, Red Tiger Oscar and Red Oscar? Any help on that would be good too.

Here is a Link of the pictures of Oscars im talking about - Oscars - Freshwater

Thanks

and 2x Advance 1050 Canister Filters......Sorry was reading the bigger size on the brochure haha

Seems like a fine setup to me. You might have some territory issues as they grow, but you can deal with those problems as the come.

Back
Top Bottom