FW community goby?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheresaM

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just tossing around ideas here...is there a smallish FW goby that can be kept in a community tank? Are they fish that can be kept singly?

There is the peacock Gudgeon also called a goby for freshwater but they do like to live in groups.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Peacock Gudgeons are a good choice for smallish aquariums with smallish, peaceful tank mates. But they do best when kept in small groups.
The purple spotted gudgeon (or related species) is a better choice for bigger tanks with big tank mates.
Empire Gudgeons are also good candidates, nice medium size with a good mild mannered temperament.
Your choices depend on tank size, tank mates, etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have a white cheeked gobyImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422148869.935815.jpg
He does well alone and is peaceful in my community tank. There is conflicting info on them though in terms of requirements. I may end up making him his own tank unheated although he seems fine in my tank which is temped at 77

I have a white cheeked gobyView attachment 262199
He does well alone and is peaceful in my community tank. There is conflicting info on them though in terms of requirements. I may end up making him his own tank unheated although he seems fine in my tank which is temped at 77

Where do you get a white cheeked goby???

You do not have a peaceful tank. You have an overstocked tank. A goby is not suitable for your tank. In fact I doubt you have a tank at all...

You do not have a peaceful tank. You have an overstocked tank. A goby is not suitable for your tank. In fact I doubt you have a tank at all...

Just asking... No need to be rude...

I have a white cheeked goby

Oh wow, so cute! How large is he?

Back
Top Bottom