FW stingray

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cichlid Kid

Aquarium Advice Addict
This little lfs has a fw stingray. Its only about 3" in diameter. They offer hardly any info on it. Im assuming this ray could potentially reach at least 16" in diameter if not more. WELL.... My question is this. Does anyone have any info or experience with this fish?

What you are seeing is a "Tea Cup Stingray", otherwise known as a Reticulated Stingray. They can get pretty big. Temps should be 78-84. A low, wide and long tank would be ideal for them and they will need lots of clear space to swim on the bottom of the tank. Use a soft substrate that isn't sharp, which would cut into their rather delicate undersides. They like bloodworms and other sinking foods. Earthworms would also be another good choice for them as would feeder shrimp.

It sounds awesome. Rays are beautiful.
It does sound like one of those things you dont want to get into if you're a begginer though

even for the ones that stay smaller I've heard you want a min of 100 gal. also many I've seen for sale were labeled "venemous" which is a whole other area for consideration

Back
Top Bottom