Garra loach concern

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

magoofc

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I recently added a gara loach to my tank and he seems to be either sick or not happy. He is spending his time tucked under the large pebbles i have in my 30litre bio orb.
The tank was cycled and have checked the levels. 0 ammo and 0 nitrite. Nitrate a little high so have done a pwc to get it down.
Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas of what to do. As I dont want him to die?
Thanks.

Still hoping that someone can help me?
are garra loaches a shoaling fish if so this may explain why he is hiding? All my other fish are happy in the tank. 3 golden barbs 3 assorted platys 2 honey gourami's and an apple snail. The Nitrate is still a little high. Have added more fresh plants to help with this and for hiding spots. Thus far my loach is still very inactive and lying at bottom under pebbles. Don't think he has eaten any of the algae tablet that i have put in for him either. Concerned! Help!

I'm not familiar with them, but a quick search indicates they need at least a 30 gal tank. Your 30 liter tank (at ~8 gallons) is WAY too small for them. Here's some info that might help on what to feed them: Tropical Fish for Freshwater Aquariums: Panda Garra

I would return it if you can, your tank is way too small though.

Also for an 8 gal, I think you might be overstocked with the platys, gourami's and barbs you have in there...???

Thank you for replying. Think I will return him tomorrow. Don't want him to die. I asked the store about over stocking and they said it was fine. Typical!

Back
Top Bottom