Gars?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vanimal

Aquarium Advice Addict
Are there any kind of Gars that could fit in a 220 gallon tank? If so how big do they get and what do they eat? If you have any experience with gars please give me your opinions on them!
Thanks

Hjueta gar?

Long nose gar?

Alligator gar?

All I can think of right now and pretty sure gator gar is illegal to keep

I don't have much experience on gars but I have has my spotted gar about 2 weeks now and he is great! They just look cool especially when stalking food ( already dead fish but he still has to kill it lol ) and no way do all gars fit in a 220g before this I brought an alligator gar (spatular gar) and returned it when I learnt they naturally grow to 3 meters! Makes the rtc and stuff like that look like minnows... But my spotted gar is cool, only thing I have actually seen it eat is defrosted silversides but he takes them readily, I cut some of them up for the smaller fish but he ate a whole 1 that was for my catfish and I was about half his size lol

Loading... said:
Hjueta gar?

Long nose gar?

Alligator gar?

All I can think of right now and pretty sure gator gar is illegal to keep

Alligator gars get too big.. Way too big. I haven't done any research on the other gars so I can't help you there.

Back
Top Bottom