GBR agression

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lunch

Aquarium Advice Freak
Any1 had a problem with their gbr nipping at other species? He used to just chase the female gbr but now hes turned his attention to the other fish in the tank, even the danios avoid him, its a 290ltr tank and its happening all over so u wouldnt think territory was an issue, ive had him for approx 8 weeks and its only the last week ive seen him doin it ( i caught him at it yesterday) prior to then he was fine, even the female spends most of her time hiding now, so much so that i thought she might have been sick, ( they havent paired yet though he has tried his best, she isnt interested ) eg: when i first looked in the tank this morning, she was front and center, now she is up in the top corner behind the floating plants, he used to dance for her, now he just chases her..

Try rearranging the decor it will mess up his territory and may settle down his aggression at least temporarily.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Pics of the "pair"?
Are you sure they are male female?
Re arranging and adding line of sight breaks may help.

They're definitely m and fImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433293392.605114.jpg
This is them during happier times, it's not so much the ram on ram aggression that's the problem, it's his bullying of everything in the tank

If the female is spawning, the male will become territorial. If this is what's happening in your tank, it's temporary and will end after your danios eat the eggs. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom