GBR Compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Airborne173x

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I know that German Blue Rams are supposed to be compatible with other community fish. That being said, I just picked up a male juvenile GBR from my LFS and after acclimating him for about 2 hours, I finally transitioned him into my tank. Since his release, he has consistently been chastised by a female Bolivian Ram and a Female pineapple swordtail. Are they just feeling out the new guy or is there something I am not seeing. I tried to get the least dominant male from the LFS after observing them for about 20 minutes. I figured that would help integrate him more into the group. Maybe I should have gone assertive? The Bolivian is about the same size but the Pineapple Swordtail is a good size larger. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The bolivian sees the blue ram as an invader in her territory, the swordtail may too, you can try rearranging the tank so that they have to establish territory in the new scape or remove the bolivian and swordtail from the tank for a few hours and see what how things go when they are reintroduced.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks for the reply! It's like getting blood from a rock around here sometimes! Haha

I kinda figured that, I just didn't know they would be so territorial at a young age. I went out and bought a bunch more decor items to break up the tank a little more. It seems to help and they have calmed down a little already!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom