GBR question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chronos313

Aquarium Advice Addict
Picked up 2 GBR'S today, one definitely doesn't take crap, the other is really passive. I noticed the passive one seems to be nipped at. I'm thinking maybe at the pet store or maybe while during transport. He'll I'd be ticked if I was in a bag. Now my water temp is about 80f, ammonia and nitrites are 0 and last test two days ago nitrates were at 0.2ppm which is I think uber fantastic. I'm gonna add another cave to my tank maybe to settle things down. Any ideas on how to help his tail fin come back nicely? Oh he has no problem eating. Gave them some frozen brine shrimp earlier. They are housed with tetras cory's and snails nothing else,

Just have clean water and food and the tail will grow back :) if both GBRs are the same gender, you might have territory issues.

--Adeeb

Ya I just added another cave and there's also some taller plants on one side and each side has sunken lotus flowers that have the flower as well as the leaves in a bowl shape so hopefully that helps. I want to move some fish around so I may move my larger lamp eyes into my ten gallon and get more GBR'S. But with Xmas so soon I dunno

Caves and plants are always good. GBRs aren't a schooling fish, so If you're talking about your 30gal tank, you shouldn't have more than one pair, or you'll have aggression issues.

--Adeeb

Maybe I'll pick up a few electric blue lobsters even though they are 15 bucks a pop here where I am. I'll try and post some pics soon, but I want to change my background also. I'll see what I can do. I asked the wife for a 55g but she recounted with a trip to Vegas so I lost that round

Back
Top Bottom