GBR's and shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stewy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey all of you GBR keepers. I am in the process of setting up my stocking plan for my new tank and I am trying to iron out a few details. I plan on keeping GBR's and had planned on some shrimp to add to the others on the stocking list. The GBR is the only fish that I am concerned with in the case of the shrimp. Have any of you kept them together or am I doomed on the shrimp front?

What type of shrimp? Mine killed all my RCS in a couple hours, but the full grown amano is fine.

Well that is the type of answer that I am looking for. I was originally planning on RCS but now I am not sure. I was looking for something with a little color so the Amano is not ideal. Does anyone know of any other options for me? I know that there are quite a few color varieties but I was under the impression that they were all about the same size.

I have my couple of gbr with rcs, at first they eat a couple of them then i put java miss so the shrimp had a place to hide and now they are doing fine, the shrimp are breeding and the gbr dont seem to chase them or anything. I think it depends on your fish how they'll react and the hidding spots that the shrimps have

Mine had lots of hiding places and my fish are well fed. I honestly think you're lucking out.

OP, look into Mexican Dwarf Orange Crayfish. Very cool, little, bright orange crays. I really liked mine while I had him.

I always see the shrimp close to the fish, and when they see the fish they just move away, I could be lucky, but like i said it depends on the fish

Well I am setting up a stocking plan for a 240 gallon. So regardless I have my work cut out for me. Just about every spare second of brain time goes back to the tank and what I am going to do with it. I have made up my mind on the GBR's but I am thinking that at this point they may be the last addition. So if I have my shrimp established I guess that I can only hope and see how it all turns out. Too many options...my head hurts.

Back
Top Bottom