General questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

somethingsfishy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so my angels have spawned again and i was wondering if females matured sooner than males? This is their third spawn and I was curious why not babies. :( Also I am the orpine new parent of 5 clown loaches and was curious how long they need to be in a tank before they stop being shy? As in swim around and don't hide in the landscape. Thanks all.

Clown loach are great and have a lot of personality once they grow comfortable. As far as I know they'll hide in the furniture as long as they fit. I will say they have trouble hiding in the landscape when they get to be this big, that's for sure:

image_preview

And bigger:

image_medium

Some people say a 75 is fine for full grown clown loach, I say that's ridiculous. I'm not sure about the angels.

Yea clowns are cool. As of now I have them in a 10. They swim around but when I check on them they hide. I'd like them to be active for this party I'm hosting and wondering how long I should give them to get comfortable in the display tank.

It is possible he male angel is sterile, or isn't even trying to fertilize the eggs. I have seen this as well as having 2 females spawn.

I noticed the female papilla yesterday and the male this morning. My other male also started to show his. I'm hoping they get it right this time b

Wait did you say you have 2 angels and clown loaches in a 10 gallon?

That was my times as well. It's only been a week tomorrow. So I'll give it another two. I'm soo excited. These fish are the only reason I got a 90 gallon.

That was my times as well. It's only been a week tomorrow. So I'll give it another two. I'm soo excited. These fish are the only reason I got a 90 gallon.

Back
Top Bottom