Geodes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SteveJP

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was walking past a shop today and found some geodes for sale (the rocks that have the crystals in them). Would I be able to add these to an my aquarium? If so, are there any types I should avoid? Any info would be great

I think so, just wash it very well before you add it to your tank.

They actually sell geodes at my lfs and use them in their tanks.
Go for it! Just clean well :)

I have a shop near me that sells them a little large/expensive though, you can see them behind my wife and nephew and yes they're placed on the floor

Attachments

• image-1790936440.jpg
    image-1790936440.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 119
manbeast said:
I have a shop near me that sells them a little large/expensive though, you can see them behind my wife and nephew and yes they're placed on the floor

Wow! Thos!e are huge!

manbeast said:

Those are awesome. I doubt they would fit in my 45.

manbeast said:

Those are awesome. I doubt they would fit in my 45gal. Will the crystals dissolve in the water over time? My biggest con

Sorry. My Internet sucks. I was saying my biggest concern is that there would be metals in the crystals that would dissolve in the water, then kill the fish. Coming home to 15 dead fish would not be the ideal ending to a good day

More common geodes have traces of limestone in the stone, personally I wouldn't recommend geodes unless you are 100% on the origin of the stone but this is just my opinion :)

Back
Top Bottom