German Blue Ram

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If your worried about sensitivity try Bolivian rams like me, that is until your comfortable enough to go to GBR'S. Your call, but both are beautiful fish

Special order???? :D lol I guess I'm lucky that I can go to my lfs and write down what I want in.

+1 Chronos313, i started with angelfish, then GBR, now cycling my 75 for Discus, that one thing thats so great about fishkeeping, you can always move up!

Bolivians are a little more tolerable to water conditions so most fish hobbyists tend to go with them rather than GBR'S who are super sensitive. Best analogy I can think of is that's your tank is the kryptonite to their superman

At first i had considered Bolivian's also. I still would like to go there some day but I'm glad I've got what i have now. All 3 of my pairs spawn regularly tho none of them have reared the fry on their own:( so i intervene latley. All 6 are still young and I'm hoping in the future that will change.

Cichlid Kid said:
At first i had considered Bolivian's also. I still would like to go there some day but I'm glad I've got what i have now. All 3 of my pairs spawn regularly tho none of them have reared the fry on their own:( so i intervene latley. All 6 are still young and I'm hoping in the future that will change.

Wow, thats awesome! Wish i had been able to get more than three when I got mine. They were hard to find, anyway, now its too late to introduce more imo so mine dont spawn but they're my faves out of all my tanks, definitely go GBR or EBR.

Wow, thats awesome! Wish i had been able to get more than three when I got mine. They were hard to find, anyway, now its too late to introduce more imo so mine dont spawn but they're my faves out of all my tanks, definitely go GBR or EBR.
Yep, early July and I will pick up a male and a female GBR. With any luck, they won't breed!

Yep, early July and I will pick up a male and a female GBR. With any luck, they won't breed!
Ok, one more question ya'll. What's the best food for 'em? I can get freeze-dried anything, and I can get frozen bloodworms or frozen brine shrimp. I can get just about any flake food you can imagine. (I love Petsmart!)

Back
Top Bottom