German Blue Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foskett96

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I I have a 75g tank and was wondering if I could put a few German blue rams in with my black widow tetras, mollies, silver sharks, plecos, synodontis catfish, gold gourami, pearl gourami, blue gourami. I was also thing bout getting some rainbow fish, angelfish, clown loaches and a balck ghost knife but I not sure bout the knifefish. Please help

well honestly you can yes but to me it sounds like if you get some and add those other fish you will be way over stocked, dont get clown loaches they just get to big for a 75 gallon. I think ghost knifes get to large as well, and also watch out when owning mollies they are jerks IME I had a few and they terrorized my fish constently while feeding. not sure the size of black widow tetras however if they are smaller then 2inches the angelfish will eat them.

AqAdvisor - Intelligent Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium Stocking Calculator and Aquarium Tank/Filter Advisor is a great little system to figure out what to stock your tank with they will tell you what water conditions are needed for the fish and their compadability.

Yeah the black widows arn't that small they wouldn't get eaten by the angels and my mollies don't bother any of my other fish. And I was thug about upgrading my tank in bout 2 years so I thing the loaches would be ok. I won't get the ghost knife. Do you think the rams and rainbow fish will be ok?

I I have a 75g tank and was wondering if I could put a few German blue rams in with my black widow tetras, mollies, silver sharks, plecos, synodontis catfish, gold gourami, pearl gourami, blue gourami. I was also thing bout getting some rainbow fish, angelfish, clown loaches and a balck ghost knife but I not sure bout the knifefish. Please help

Sure, I don't see why not. But do watch out for a few things:
1. I hope you have a bigger tank for silver sharks, seeing that they get a foot long and depending on how many you have need a 120 gallon tank eventually.
2. Black widows usually don't get along with angels unless you have a big school with them because they are fin nippers.
3. IMO clown loaches can fit in there. So can rainbows.
4. No BGK. Same as the sharks, needs 120 gallons because it gets 16 inches long.

Also just about AqAdvisor.
Many people have differing views about that but the majority of people don't think it's very accurate. I concur. It's a good tool for very rought ballpark estimates or simply playing around with it but nothing as a general guideline. Just my opinion on that :)

Yeah I'm not fining to get the ghost knife. An when I need to upgrade my tank in will. My widows are in a school of 5. How many rams and rainbows should I get.

Umm I liked the turquoise rainbowfish or the boesemani rainbow. How many of them would u put. Anne how may German blue rams would u put

I'd say five or six could comfortably fit in a 75. GBRs depends if you were planning on adding any other fish to your tank plus the fish in there currently.

Yeah I was also planning on adding the angels and the loaches.

bruinsbro1997 said:
Sure, I don't see why not. But do watch out for a few things:
1. I hope you have a bigger tank for silver sharks, seeing that they get a foot long and depending on how many you have need a 120 gallon tank eventually.
2. Black widows usually don't get along with angels unless you have a big school with them because they are fin nippers.
3. IMO clown loaches can fit in there. So can rainbows.
4. No BGK. Same as the sharks, needs 120 gallons because it gets 16 inches long.

Also just about AqAdvisor.
Many people have differing views about that but the majority of people don't think it's very accurate. I concur. It's a good tool for very rought ballpark estimates or simply playing around with it but nothing as a general guideline. Just my opinion on that :)

I agree with bruinsbro here on the AqAdvisor good tool but it has my fish MUCH larger than they actually are. Unless Somebody knows something I don't about this tool I wish you could put in your own fish by their actual inches and not what size AqAdvisor says they are! Other than that I think it's really good for someone just starting out with fish keeping. :)

I agree with bruinsbro here on the AqAdvisor good tool but it has my fish MUCH larger than they actually are. Unless Somebody knows something I don't about this tool I wish you could put in your own fish by their actual inches and not what size AqAdvisor says they are! Other than that I think it's really good for someone just starting out with fish keeping. :)

AqAdvisor, by default, goes by average full grown size. If you click the thing that says use juvenile sizes, you can enter in the size of each fish

jeffp said:
AqAdvisor, by default, goes by average full grown size. If you click the thing that says use juvenile sizes, you can enter in the size of each fish

Yeah but what if they're not actually juveniles but adult fish, will this work the same way? It just seems like it goes above and beyond more than the average size, but I think it does this jic your fish really did get that Large.

I would only be adding the rainbows, Angels, rams and clown loaches. Could you give me a ruff idea of how many for each one

Rainbows-just five or six
Angels-only one or a pair
Rams-Just a pair or two
Clown Loches-I'm not sure if you could fit them in there a school of five or six foot-long fish need a lot of space

Yeah I will be happy to upgrade in a couple of years but if I couldn't I would trade them back to the pet shop

Do you think maybe instead of the clown loaches i could get probably 4 cockatoo apistos.

Back
Top Bottom