German blue rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CherryBarb123

Aquarium Advice Freak
I adore german blue rams. My LFS is great and their fish appear to be good quality. They have some gorgeous rams in there and I am so tempted by them :D

It is just so hard to not change my mind when I go in there :(

Anyway, can you keep rams alone? I think with my stock and that I already have a couple of pairs it wouldn't work? I plan to have/already have

10 rummies
10 bleeding hearts
10 julii cory
2 angelfish
2 honey gourami
5 otto

Tank size 55 gallon
Fluval u4 internal filter

Could I make the bleeding heart shoal size 6 and add 1 or 2 rams? If so, how many can I add? I don't Want to have too many pairs if it might cause problems. Could I just keep one?

I am aware that they can be hard to keep, so I don't need to be told about that side of their care!!

Thanks

Do all rams have the same care level? Are gold, green, blue just colour variations or do they have varying care levels? I would rather have a german ram than a bolivian ram

Not totally sure on this so wait for a conformation or someone to say I am wrong...
I think the Electric Blues and the Golds are just GBRs that have been bred for color. Which might mean they are even more difficult because of greater inbreeding.

Thanks!

Ok, Thanks!

So could I stock:

10 x Julii Corydoras (Or should I Keep this lower?)
10 x Rummies
6 x Bleeding Hearts (Would it be pushing it to make it 8?)
2 x German Rams
2 x Honey Gouramis (Should I consider rehoming these?)
2 x Angelfish
5 x Otto

Are there to many pairs? Is that overstocked

Filter - Fluval U4 Internal
Tank Size - 200L

If the fish are going to be unhappy, I won't do it. I could probably rehome the gouramis if space is needed. I would love to get rams, but that is only if it will work :)

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom