German Blue Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swampman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi I bought a couple of German Blue Rams at a swap meet a couple of days ago. They are in a heavily planted that has been up for more than a year. I understand they are shy when they get to a new tank. They hide among the foliage. They are only an inch long. Yes there are many tank mates. Anyone have knowledge about these beauties. Can they be fed flake, frozen or freeze dried food? Will they overcome their shyness? Thanks:ermm:

Mine eat EVERYTHING!!! They even go up and down the glass as if they were scrapping algae from the glass. What have you tried specifically?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Give them a day without feeding and let them see your other fish go nuts for the food.

As I was writing the above statement, I thought of a possibility: make sure your other fish aren't letting the food get to the GBRs. Just a theory but may mean that they need to learn to go "up" for their food. OR, purposely get food that you can sink quickly while the others eat in the surface.

You could always soak some food in Garlic Guard too, even the pickiest of eaters will have a hard time resisting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine never like freeze dried anything. They had a varied diet of of Omega One super carnivore frozen food, New Life Spectrum pellets, and Hikari sinking wafers.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Mine LOVE the Hikari carnivore sinking wafers/pellets!!! I throw them for the Kuhlis and end up throwing two because my GBRs find them and devour the tablets.

I feed my Otos Hikari algae wafers, and my Rams end up eating them... I don't complain though because the spirulina should brighten up their blues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom