German blue rams color

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Impulse09

Aquarium Advice Freak
My german blue rams have been in my tank for about a week now. At night if I shut the lights off then use a flashlight to look at them there blue color is very distinguished. When I turn the lights on and during the day it dulls out. Will it always b like this?

My rams never had much blue when i turnedon the lights so yea except wen breeding males will get vibrent blue

I have a spawning GBR coupl.e (less than a week old) and my lights are off in their tank, so I just shined a flashlight on them and yes, they do have a metallic, blue glimmer to their sides and body. I believe that is as blue as you're goin to see them. they wont ever get that blue with lights on... though you can still see hints of that blue when they are turning towards certain angles of light

Welll, I don't mean to be the only dissenter here, but I have two and one is a little older than the other and he keeps his blue most of the time, but the juvie looks a LOT like the pic you have. Mine gained more color over time in my tank (had him about 4 months), but maybe I just got lucky. Either way yours is still a pretty fish!

Back
Top Bottom