German blue rams Stocking help 20 gallon long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Natlaflame

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey I have a 20 gallon long (30inx12) and I wanted to know how many fish can I comfortably stock ? The tank has been cycled without fish. A long time ago .I currently have 1 German blue ram , 1 neon tetra, 1 blue panchax killifish , 1 normans lampeye killifish , 1 dwarf rainbow fish, and 2 danios.(1 zebra and 1 leopard) as well as 1 pepper corydora. Makes a total of 8 fish in a moderate to heavily planted tank with 2 HOB filters and pothos vines dipped in. Could I add another blue ram or 2?(I would breed if that’s the case) Maybe apistos? Do otos do well alone? I like fish with personality who can be alone with other peaceful community fish and not in schools.I understand that a lot of my fish would do better in schools but I love seeing them interact with each other like this.

Attachments

• 71743310-C7C0-4347-BA3D-2848B8F29F8D.jpg
    71743310-C7C0-4347-BA3D-2848B8F29F8D.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 30
My apisto would bully anything that looks like him. Adding a female would make it worse. If wanting to breed I would suggest a species only tank.

A 20 gallon could probably support 1 mating pair and maybe a school of something small like the tetras.

Inch per gallon rule is usually pretty close to accurate.

Back
Top Bottom