Getting a 90 !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

My wife is the coolest! I took her to the LFS just so she could get an idea of what size tank and stand I want to get. She said "go ahead and get the 90"!! Freakin awesome! I thought for sure I'd be getting the 75. (My whole theory was to try for the 90, she'd say 55 and we'd compromise on the 75).

Also, I have to make some more calls tomorrow (some places closed for Labor Day), but my LFS had better prices on the stand and tank than thatpetplace! I was quite surprised by that. It would be nice if I can support the local guys, and avoid a 2 hour drive also.

Talking to myself, apparently

OK, got the tank and stand last week. The LFS beat everybodies prices, astounding!
Now purchasing gadgetry. fun fun fun.
I've now place orders for the lights (4 tube vho/regular capable) if I use all 4 vho, I'll end up with 440 wats of light over a 90 gallon tank! yikes! overkill I would say. Probably use 2 vho and 2 regulars, that should be 300 watts. The tank is 24 deep so I think this will be good.

Also have a CO2 system on the way, just need to get the 5lb. bottle. I think you can get those from beverage distributors. I'll find out soon.

Next decisions, substrate, heating, test kits.

Oh yeah, and last I suppose, plants and fish!

Dont forget the fish!

This really brings out the little child in us getting a new toy. Dont you just love it.

I started out with a 10 Gal. with one of those carbon activated sumerged filters with pump an all. Then decided to get a 20 gal. Which made me so happy, with a drop filter, no more plastic tubing, no pump. Cool.

Now i am getting next month a 29 or 32 Gal. and the way things are going i am still a far away from the 90 Gal. but i just might get there. :lol:

Good luck and keep having fun!
Katfish 8)

We are all green with envy and want to see pics ASAP. Sounds like it's going to be a very nice setup!
Logan J

Congratulations !!! You are a lucky man.

You do realize that by getting you the 90g, she figures that you'd stay out of trouble for a little while. :lol:

My wife does the same thing, except that she also expects me to work around the house as a payback. Ah, but it is a small price to pay.

I just let her think she is "getting away with something"... :wink:

Can't wait to see your pics.

Thanks guys, but look at the date, this is a pretty old thread!

Latest updates are under My 90 Gallon Plant tank, lower on this page.

I swear, pics coming soon. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Back
Top Bottom