Getting a fish out of the tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blizowman1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Be made a mistake and put a little fish in my tank that I shouldn't have is there a easy way to get it out without having to take my whole tank apart for a couple hrs

You can try and catch it at feeding time with food in the net or make a bottle trap but will most likely catch other fish instead. The easiest way I know is to drain the tank to only a few inches of water and use two nets.

I usually catch my fish at night when they are resting.

Km84 said:
I usually catch my fish at night when they are resting.

Oh yes that works well! I can't believe I forgot that. Wait until 1/2 hour after lights out and the fish are asleep. Either turn all lights on the tank and room on to stun the fish or use a flash light. They won't move for a few seconds so it gives you time to net them. Another method is to use red light (flash light with red film over it) to see the fish while you net them in the dark.

Well I finally got the fish out but it wasnt as easy as shining a flash light on it or turning the lights out I ha to take my piece of drift wood out so it was nothing but my plants and trap it with two nets but it's out

Back
Top Bottom