getting another 33g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nicole29

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
well I'm getting another 33g tank. I ordered some ADA Aqua Soil and will be moving all the plants, fish and decorations (and some filter media) from my other tank to this one.

How long do I have to wait before moving the fish over after I set up this tank??

Also, should I add the fish all at once or wait a few days inbetween or something (I have 10 Cardinals, 5 peppered corys, BN pleco and 2 Bolivian Rams)???

you cant really know how long it will take you cycle, you'll have to check your parameters. i believe putting plants in will speed up the cycling process though. hardier fish, although most people wouldnt recommend it, can live through a non-cycled tank, in order to cycle it.

you could add your fish all in at once, the only problem would be that if there is something wrong with your tank, you lose all your fish at once.

when i went from my fish being in a 20 gal to a 55, i put them all in at once, and ive never lost a fish (except for the platy and neon that disapeared while i was on vacation. MIA we havent forgotten you.

Back
Top Bottom