Getting back in the hobby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jacca

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well I got both of my 55 gallon tanks out of the garage yesterday and cleaned them real good. I went through all of my stuff for the tanks. I am setting back up after 2 or 3 years. One of them will be a community tank for the kids in their play room. The other one will be a community tank in the living room with mostly gourami's and will be planted. The filters on them both will be 1 emperor 350 bio wheel and a Penn cascade 100 mostly for water polishing and added filtration. Are the filters overkill? Once I get the filters and substrate will start the fishless cycle. Oh by the way got the stand out for one of the tanks and it fell apart gotta love particle board but it was about 15 yrs old. So I had to build a stand for it yesterday.

image-3116950066.jpg

image-950255725.jpg

no the filtration wont be overkill IMO more filtration the better, just don't mix gouramis to much because they will become aggressive. Good luck! make them look great. What are you going to put in the other tank?

Whatever the kids want as long as they are compatible and won't over grow the tank. I know my daughter loves cories.

Done some research on filters and found that I can get a emperor 100 bio wheel for about $0.50 cheaper and since I really like marineland filters I am gonna go with them instead.

Back
Top Bottom