Getting fish to sleep

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kchung5299

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How can I get my fish to sleep? I have a clown pleco but I'm not sure if she's eating. There is plentiful driftwood, plants and hiding places, but all my fish get to the algae wafers before the clown pleco does. I try feeding it at night but the other fish are still awake to get the food. So what I'm trying to do is get the fish to sleep earlier so they won't eat the wafer. If I feed them more, would they stop eating the wafer?

If there is light in the room even when the tank is turned off the fish can see. Try waiting until the room is dark and feed later after fish settle down not right after you turn the lights off. You can also offer other foods like softened shelled peas, soften zucchini and cucumber. I cut about 1/4 inch sizes, zap them in the microwave for a few seconds, then put them on veggie clips stuck on the aquarium side. Some cut long strips, soften them, and then weight them down on the tank substate. A variety of foods for you pleco is a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom