Getting new bulbs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

n3wt

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm getting new bulbs because mine are dying. I was wanting to get some good high powered bulbs to make my tank real nice looking. I'm looking for 17'' bulbs and I have no plants in my tank just rocks. In my tank right now I have about 15 cichlids, all Tangos and a few new worlds, my tank is 55g so I would need to get 2 17'' bulbs. I've never bought bulbs before, is their any brands that are better than any others? I was going to go look at petsmart or a local fish store before I started to look online.

If anyone has any advice on good bulbs for a freshwater non planted tank it would be much appreciated :)

youve probably got 18" bulbs, and i would recommend going to walmart or home depot and getting some ge or phillips daylight bulbs. thats what i have on all of my tanks. theyre a nice white light, not yellow or pink like some of the others. the best part is that theyre only about $4 each ;)... dont waste your money on the $20 bulbs from the lfs

I'll doubble check on the size of them. But thanks a bunch for the walmart bulb tip, I would of bought the $20 bulbs, lol. :p

youve probably got 18" bulbs, and i would recommend going to walmart or home depot and getting some ge or phillips daylight bulbs. thats what i have on all of my tanks. theyre a nice white light, not yellow or pink like some of the others. the best part is that theyre only about $4 each ;)... dont waste your money on the $20 bulbs from the lfs

+1

Back
Top Bottom