Getting new fish....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

feeder_guppy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am planning on buying some fish for my 10 gallon, all my fish are old and dying. Any suggestions on cheap fish that are hardy and kind of nice looking. I am definetly getting some feeder guppies! :p :p :D :p

I would consider some smaller corys (inexpensive, and with good care should last you 10 years +), wild-type (feeder) guppies, and perhaps a couple-three danios (also hardy and cheap).

I have had bad experiance with danios, they are aggresive. And I have mainly feeder guppies now, they are about a year old. I used to have fancies. I have 4 tetras, they should last way longer. and one otto.

i've always had danios and no problem.....have you got them in a group of 3+, because if you keep them single or not in a school they cant keep their "aggression" down and chase after their fellow danios....and if they are by themselves they chase other fish around and stress them to death....but i'm sure you know what you are doing, the otto should last you a while, a friend of mine had his for 4 yrs....and i dont even think they are supposed to last that long

feeder_guppy said:
I had 2 danios, and what is a white cloud?

'White cloud minnow' or 'white cloud mountain minnow', Tanichthys albonubes....a small (up to 3cm maximum) schooling fish:

Attachments

• tanictis.jpeg
    tanictis.jpeg
    12.1 KB · Views: 114
Back
Top Bottom