Getting ready for Gold Ocellatus Shell Dwellers!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Braden8558

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone!,

So it is not official yet, but I may be getting 5 lamprologus ocellatus gold somewhat soon shipped to me from an online source. I was planning to put them in my 15 gallon, but was wondering if this is enough space for them? Supposedly they are about 3/4ths of an inch. I know eventually I might wind up having two pair up and then the other ones getting killed off or separated. How does this plan sound? Right now I have 2 black calvus and 1 julidochromis ornatus in the 15 gallon, so I think I will move the 2 black calvus into the 14 gallon with a pair of brevis minutus (maybe 3), and then also put the juli in there or in my 10 gallon similis tank with 4 similis. I plan to get rid of the black calvus soon hopefully as they were just a temporary purchase to grow out, but they are still small and not very interesting to me! Does this sound like a good idea!?

Thanks for the opinions, Braden

So excited for you to get some shellies! I LOVE mine! I don't have the goldies, I have the multies, so the requirements are a little different. Multies are colony fish that welcome several generations of fry so I don't really ever need to worry about separating them. I keep mine (I have 12 so far) in a 20 long and they are doing very well, and have room for more. Good luck with your shellies...you will love them!

Back
Top Bottom