Getting Rid of guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

keegster803

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey I have a bunch of guppies in my 10 gallon tank, and I was wondering what to do with the ones that I don't want. My LFS won't take them either.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

They are cobras, I am trying to get rid of so,e of my females, as I will move my remaining females into a smaller tank. So I can turn my 10 gallon into a shell-dweller tank

You could do craigslist and aquabid and the classifieds here if you're willing to ship

Fishobsessed7

I have like 10 in my tank, but I only wanna keep 3-4 females, so I can continue a controllable strain. And they are cobra guppies.

If you have pics I might be interested in taking the guppies off your hands because I'm setting up a new tank but I would like to see them first

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited by a moderator:
Keegster do you have pics. I have tiger endlers and would like to see what you have....i might be interested if your willing to ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Maybe you could catch them and put them in a local river. They would have a slight chance of survival.. What do they look like?

Sent from my iPhone

Hi all,

I don't mean to be harsh but...

DON'T!!!

Please NEVER EVER release non native fish or animals into the wild. That means even if you have a fish that you think should go or might have come from the pond, river, lake, don't.

First of all it is usually illegal. It can damage the environment and ruin native habitats.

Flushing the guppies is pretty awful as well.

Check out clove oil method of euthanasia if all else fails.

Contact a branch/local Aquarium society which covers the area where she lives, maybe a member can come and get them out for her and put them to better use.

Petco might take them.

Maybe someone with a pond would want them as algae eaters or food and could come and get them out of the tank. A fish store might want them as feeders. No more fish or just pick out some males.

How about one Betta for Grandma.

I hope this situation has a positive outcome.

Back
Top Bottom