Ghost/Asian glass catfish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FWFishTanks

Aquarium Advice Addict
I recently saw ghost catfish on the internet and I thought these fish look interesting to owned. I also know from prior knowledge and various articles and profiles i read that they are very sensitive to water quality and required advanced care. Is this true?

They are sensitive fish that need a steady flow of well oxygenated, well filtered water. They can be tricky to feed at first and live daphnia.etc is a good.starting point. Do plenty of research first. They don't tend to ship well, so try and buy ones that have been in stock for a while and ask the shop to demonstrate them feeding.

They are very neat fish and as stated above don't ship well. They also don't do well without a small school. Your best off keeping these in a 30L + tank with substrate contrast, a incline decline with current running lengthwise. All I 'd keep with them is maybe some corys. Any semi-aggressive feeding tankmates and these guys just don't eat.

I had glass catfish and really enjoyed them. They were in a group of 10 and loved to hover in my filter flow, they loved frozen and live food and also ate flake. I had floating plants for them as they didn't like bright lights. And are very sensitive to medication. You need to keep up on water changes as well.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom