Ghost Knife & Clown Loach Tank Mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cynic

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi there,

Which of these fish would likely be compatible tank mates for Clown Loaches & a Ghost Knife?

Tiger Oscar (Large)
Silver Perch (Large)
Bala Shark (Large)
Convict Cichilids
Common Albino Pleco (Large)

Cheers in advance (y)

Depends on what size tank you have, The fish you have now will get large when fully mature!!.

Depends on what size tank you have, The fish you have now will get large when fully mature!!.

A bit of precusor was probably in order.

I'm looking for a 150G tank for my current fish. I'm able to purchase a 150G complete with everything I need and at a reasonable price. The problem is it comes with fish I don't really want.

I'm sure over time I can sell the fish but I just wanted some advice as to which fish would need to be moved on before I can place in my Clown Loaches and Ghost Knife in their new home.

Thanks for the reply (y)

A bit of precusor was probably in order.

I'm looking for a 150G tank for my current fish. I'm able to purchase a 150G complete with everything I need and at a reasonable price. The problem is it comes with fish I don't really want.

I'm sure over time I can sell the fish but I just wanted some advice as to which fish would need to be moved on before I can place in my Clown Loaches and Ghost Knife in their new home.

Thanks for the reply (y)
That changes things:lol: You have many more options with that size tank. The Bala should be ok for a while, it will eventually out grow even that size tank. The convicts could become aggressive if they are a pair and spawn. The pleco will get to big in time also. The Oscar will move gravel and decorations, they are great at aquascaping the way they like things:) You might look into a small group of Red Hook silver dollars, or some other loose schooling type fish. Tin foil Barbs are nice but they get fairly large also. Have to find something you like then research it, compatibility, nutritional needs, aggression level. There are lots of fish out there, just have to look around.

Foster53: He,she wasnt looking for stocking sugestions. Tinfoil barbs DoNot mix with most species refered to??? Wtf?
Nothin like GOOD ADVICE :-]

Foster53: He,she wasnt looking for stocking sugestions. Tinfoil barbs DoNot mix with most species refered to??? Wtf?
Nothin like GOOD ADVICE :-]

Since most of the other fish would be gone, giving a couple of suggestions to have a little activity in the tank. Had you read the post fully you would have realized that I wasn't suggesting mixing them with his list of fish. Ghost Knives are pretty lethargic most of the time, and Clown loaches aren't the most active. Maybe next time read the whole post instead of shooting from the hip.

Clown loaches arent very active??? REALLY? Well maybe not in Your aquariums. Lol

Don't be harsh. What proof do you have I his fishkeeping skills. How about you post your opinions and don't dont judge other people's opinion and let the OP be the judge.

Clown loaches arent very active??? REALLY? Well maybe not in Your aquariums. Lol

Maybe you should stop being critical and putting others down. He was only giving suggestions. I think a school of those would work well on their own.

Also, once a black ghost knife has settled in it will be an active fish, and can even shoal with clowns at times. Mine all get on really well and are always active.

Back
Top Bottom