Ghost shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

N.Galvin

Aquarium Advice Regular
Im thinking of getting some ghost shrimp but will mollies and tiger barbs eat them?

TB's will try to eat them if they are large enough and the shrimp small enough.
If you start with Juvenile TB's and near adult shrimp you'll be in better shape. The good
thing is Ghosties are inexpensive enough that losing them to predation will not be as big a hit on the wallet. An alternative are Amano Shrimp .. they do get large enough for TB's to leave them alone like the one's in my 75gal.

TB's will try to eat them if they are large enough and the shrimp small enough.
If you start with Juvenile TB's and near adult shrimp you'll be in better shape. The good
thing is Ghosties are inexpensive enough that losing them to predation will not be as big a hit on the wallet. An alternative are Amano Shrimp .. they do get large enough for TB's to leave them alone like the one's in my 75gal.

They are only small TB"s il have a look at amino shrimp aswell thanks

I have ghost shrimp with mollies and they leave each other alone. From time to time the ghost shrimp will challenge a molly for food. The molly just backs off. My shrimp started out small and the mollies never bothered them.

I have ghost shrimp with mollies and they leave each other alone. From time to time the ghost shrimp will challenge a molly for food. The molly just backs off. My shrimp started out small and the mollies never bothered them.

Its just my tiger barbs im botherd about really i have just bought some pepperd corys and the TB"s wont leave them alone

I put 5 cherry shrimp in with my 10 small tiger barbs.... They where like piranha's the shrimp lasted around 10 seconds tops!

My Amano shrimp have been in there since day one and i keep adding them, nothing in the tank bothers them at all

I put 5 cherry shrimp in with my 10 small tiger barbs.... They where like piranha's the shrimp lasted around 10 seconds tops!

My Amano shrimp have been in there since day one and i keep adding them, nothing in the tank bothers them at all

I cant seem to find anywhere around here that sells amano shrimp or i would get some to try them

Back
Top Bottom