Ghost shrimp in 10 gallon!?!?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishandmusic81

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so I'm planning on getting ghost shrimp in my 10 gallon my tank is pretty well planted so plenty of hiding spots anything I should do to prepare for them to survive? Last time I had ghost shrimp they slowly died :(

I bought two from petsmart and just tossed em in my first tank ever, knowing nothing about cycling or water conditions or anything
In fact, one jumped out and blended into the carpet... took us like 2 minutes to find him and get him back in.

Both of them are alive and doing great as we speak :)

They definitely like to hide around my plant, so I think you're on the right track there...

jameswoodall said:
7.4-7.6 on my ph

What are the rest of your water parameters? I think something in the water caused the shrimp to die the first time you tried...

Water hardness is very important to some shrimp! Check into that! My shrimp all died the first 2 tries (amanos, cherries, and sakuras) because of water hardness not being right.

Ok I'll try to find it
Hmm I think it might have been something well one survived and it's doing great in my tank my parameters were good according to the pet store when I bought the neon tetras

Back
Top Bottom