Ghost Shrimp vs. Bamboo Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

moomawkm

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I plan on stocking a bamboo shrimp with 4 or 5 ghost shrimp and was wondering if they would get along. I'll be getting a full grown bamboo shrimp and younger ghost shrimp. Bamboo shrimp are filter feeders without claws, but i'm more concerned about the ghost shrimp stressing him out too much...

I been having a pregnant ghost shrimp and an adult bamboo shrimp for about 1.5 weeks now and they never seem to bother each other and they are housed in a 5g

I plan on stocking a bamboo shrimp with 4 or 5 ghost shrimp and was wondering if they would get along. I'll be getting a full grown bamboo shrimp and younger ghost shrimp. Bamboo shrimp are filter feeders without claws, but i'm more concerned about the ghost shrimp stressing him out too much...

They'll hardly ever cross paths ... Your bamboo will eventually park themselves as close to the filter output as they can and probably not move for days on end.
The ghost will mostly scurry along the substrate looking for scraps. I can't recall either of my bamboo ever coming in contact with any of my ghost shrimp.

They'll hardly ever cross paths ... Your bamboo will eventually park themselves as close to the filter output as they can and probably not move for days on end.
The ghost will mostly scurry along the substrate looking for scraps. I can't recall either of my bamboo ever coming in contact with any of my ghost shrimp.

Totally I agree...that is exactly how mine are too

do bamboo shrimp make any appreciable difference in the cleanliness of the tank? I was thinking of getting one but a. they look kinda creepy to me and b. I'm not sure if they're as beneficial for cleaning

Back
Top Bottom