girlfriends mini aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wierdkid

Aquarium Advice Regular
my girlfriend just started up a 2.5 gallon aquarium with an undergravel filter. her undergravel filter has a void in it (its shaped like a lidless box), and I was wondering if there should be gravel in this void or not. also, since it is a new tank how long will it take to cycle ( there is currently one zebra danio in the tank)?

The undergravel filter's open side should be against the bottom, with no gravel or anything else in the void. Cycling will take anywhere from 12-22 days, but she is going to be very, very limited (to a single betta or perhaps 3 white cloud minnows) by having such a tiny aquarium with such a limited filtration system. Might we assume it has no heater?

I'd vote for a shrimp tank. i personally won't keep anything smaller than a 5gallon. even betta's like to swim around, especially when there's very little current.

the UGF lays flat on the bottom then you cover the entire plate with about 2 1/2 3 inches of gravel.

Back
Top Bottom