Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-12-2005, 06:43 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Glass Catfish

Hi there, i was wondering if people had any thoughts on this.

I have had my tank setup over 2 months now and i have been getting a collection of fish together . i have 2 female guppies 5 x-ray tetra and i have just bought 5 glass catfish.

Before i buy any of my fish i do a lot of research into the particular fish i want. When i was researching the glass catfish some of the things they said was that it is not like most catfish

1 it dosn't scavenge for food of the floor and 2 it is NOT nocturnal.

But since i put these fish into my tank 3 days ago all they do is hide under the plants (which i was expecting cause thats what other people said they do) and i rarely see them eat much. But as soon as i turn out the lights i can see them swimming around and loving the aquarium. i am not that bothered that i don't see them in the day but i am just concerned that i cant see them eating. i was wondering if anyone else has glass catfish and the way they behave.

i think that its just cause they are new fish and they are still warming to there new surrounding and that they will behave properly in a few days.

Old 01-12-2005, 06:51 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

[center:149b0ef951] Welcome to AA, Ulysses-31!! [/center:149b0ef951]

I don't keep these fish, but I grabbed a book and looked them up. It sounds like yours are doing exactly what they should be doing. The book I have suggests feeding live foods, but frozen food will probably be accepted as well.

Menagerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 12:09 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Cheers for your help i have had the catfish a week now. They seem to be doing fine sometimes they come out when the light is on and swim around the tank, but they mostly swim around at night. i have not seem them all eat yet but i assume that they mush be or they would be showing signs of poor health. amazing fish though they look like swimming fish heads.

Tags
catfish, glass, glass catfish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com