Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-07-2012, 11:56 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

glass Catfish damaged barbel

Hello, in my tank I have 4 glass catfish. And i just noticed one of them has a broken barbel. I am not sure if its infected since I am no biologist. I put a little aquarium salt to help reduce the chances of developing one. he was swimming down earlier swims normal just a little crooked. I am curious if there is anything else I should do. Do you think he would survive? Will it grow back? If anyone knows what steps need to be done, I would greatly appreciate it.

hortoholic

Old 02-08-2012, 01:24 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

It should grow back fine. Keep an eye out for infection and fungus. Lots of clean water, bump up your water change schedule until you see healing.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:25 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Thanks blert! How long ya think it will be before it grows back? weeks? months? He swims off balance and that worries me but i will do as you suggest and see what happens.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:50 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

At the first sign of worsening post back and see what others suggest as far as medications go.

Tags
barb, catfish, glass, glass catfish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com