Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-25-2011, 01:29 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

glass catfish help

So I got some new glass catfish a few days ago and they're not exactly schooling together.I've had the lights off until today. There's always one or two that are off by themselves looking all nervous and stressed. Also one glass catfish isn't eating. The others attacked the food this morning and he showed no interest. I have 5 btw. Should I get another one so maybe they'll feel more secure and all school together? Its a 30 gallon so that doesn't leave much room for stocking anything else.

Tankmates are all non-aggresive. BN pleco, amano shrimp, and 2 male and 1 female guppies. I have seen no aggresion from the guppies. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.
And also they are hanging out in the middle near the top. Here's a pic of the tank so you can see my plant coverage/layout etc. I have 2 live plants.

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110725_122749.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	45192  

Old 07-25-2011, 01:41 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ghost catfish are very weird and sensitive fish. They usually take about a week or two to fully acclimate. Just give them some time. Also, they tend to not be the healthiest fish from the chain pet stores. You might have gotten some ones that might not make it.

But, after awhile, they will get more active and comfortable. I would suggest getting a hide/cave of some sort or maybe more plants. A little more coverage would help them adjust. And when they finally do adjust, I haven't really seen them school too much. They aren't like tetras. They will sort of group, but if you had a larger number, they would school more similar to characins. At your number, they probably won't stay together too much.

Old 07-25-2011, 01:54 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ohhh okay. Ill probly get one more bc the odd number is bothering me. And some more plants. Thanks

Tags
catfish, glass, glass catfish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com