glass catfish help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tarpon

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I got some new glass catfish a few days ago and they're not exactly schooling together.I've had the lights off until today. There's always one or two that are off by themselves looking all nervous and stressed. Also one glass catfish isn't eating. The others attacked the food this morning and he showed no interest. I have 5 btw. Should I get another one so maybe they'll feel more secure and all school together? Its a 30 gallon so that doesn't leave much room for stocking anything else.

Tankmates are all non-aggresive. BN pleco, amano shrimp, and 2 male and 1 female guppies. I have seen no aggresion from the guppies. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.
And also they are hanging out in the middle near the top. Here's a pic of the tank so you can see my plant coverage/layout etc. I have 2 live plants.

Thank you

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110725_122749.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110725_122749.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 150
Ghost catfish are very weird and sensitive fish. They usually take about a week or two to fully acclimate. Just give them some time. Also, they tend to not be the healthiest fish from the chain pet stores. You might have gotten some ones that might not make it.

But, after awhile, they will get more active and comfortable. I would suggest getting a hide/cave of some sort or maybe more plants. A little more coverage would help them adjust. And when they finally do adjust, I haven't really seen them school too much. They aren't like tetras. They will sort of group, but if you had a larger number, they would school more similar to characins. At your number, they probably won't stay together too much.

Ohhh okay. Ill probly get one more bc the odd number is bothering me. And some more plants. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom